Q & A with Carolyne Brown
Each month, I venture to the corner store near my house to partake in a moment of blissful indulgence that involves purchasing: a Perrier, something with chocolate in-it (mmm) and my monthly style reads.
My first glance at the racks leaves me with zero confusion as I reach with excitement for LouLou Magazine, sitting amongst the cream- of-the-crop of style magazines.
Through my work at Pink Martini Collection, I now know the face behind the look-those dazzling outfits that inspire the fashionista within- are all a part of a collaborative effort by the LouLou team that involves the one and only-Carolyne Brown!
Carolyne, Stylist for LouLou Magazine, provides us with some insights into her wonderful world of Fashion (below). She is also fabulously francais, and went out of her way to answer in English for us, so all I have to say is a big: MERCI!
1) What is your favorite thing about your job? Waking up every morning and loving what I do. I’m so lucky, I have my dream job.
2) What drives you to be involved in this wonderful world of Fashion/Art/Design? Fashion is my passion. I can share this with the Canadian readers of LOULOU. I help women to shop. I always want to find the best pieces for them.
3) What inspires you/Who inspires you? I get my inspiration from Tv shows, movies, actress, singers from all the decades. I go online, I look at the premieres and events that the stars attend. My favorite fashionista is Jessica Szhor. I’m also really impress with Anne Hathaway look on the last red carpets. She’s more daring, I think she has a new stylist ;).
4) What is the greatest thing about being involved in Fashion? What is the worst? The best thing is being able to see the many talents of the people in the industry. The worst thing is that I can’t buy everything!!!
5) As a customer, what is it that customers want? I’m looking for unique pieces. I don’t want everybody on the streets wearing the same dress that I just bought.
6) If you could give our readers your top personal fashion tip-what would it be? Invest in basics and have fun with affordable pieces. Find the samples or warehouse sale of your favorite designer or brand, you will get great deals.
– Shoe Designer?: High: Giusseppe Zanotti Less: Jeffrey Campbell and Sam
Coffee Shop? I don’t drink coffee but I can’t resist a strawberry
and cream frappuccino at Starbucks.
–Movie? I’m torn between Dirty Dancing and Clueless.
–Book? I have a tons of fashion books but I also love magazines. My
bible: People Style Watch. Fashion and celebrities I couldn’t ask for
Day of the week? I don’t really have one.
8) What draws you to Pink Martini Collection as a label? J’adore Pink Martini Collection!!! First it’s Canadian plus it’s affordable and trendy. The perfect fit for Loulou magazine, everyone in the stylist room loves it. I’m also a fan I just got this grey winter coat, it’s fabulous.