Claudia Da Ponte is the founder of Daponte Style. This venture involves countless energies and investment in the wonderful world of fashion-where she cultivates long hours styling for clients such as: Pinkstix, Harlequin, Enbrel, TV personalities and many more. This web of satisfied clients has been woven with: strong styling skills, personable client-handling and a global grasp on consumer trends. Traveling in Europe also lent her inspiration for her personal style (although she believes you are born with a sense of style and it is not something you can be taught!). Always on the pulse of Fashion, Claudia visited our showroom for a sneak peak at Spring 2011 and to try on some of our pieces (Claudia wears our Pink Martini boho jacket). I highly suggest checking out her site, and portfolio, where you can see her previous works.
1) What is your favourite thing about your job? So many things! I love the creative aspect! I love working with talented creative people and putting amazing outfits together! I get chills down my spine sometimes! I love helping people look and feel amazing! When a client feels like a million bucks in what their wearing and I helped get them there, that one moment makes my job worth it!
2) What drives you to be involved in this wonderful world of Fashion/Art/Design? Helping people look their best, beautiful clothes and creating more beauty in the world
3) What inspires you/Who inspires you? The world around me! I can get inspiration from the girl walking down the street or the girl in the magazine. I pay a lot of attention to what’s going on in the fashion world in Europe, and currently, some of my favorite fashionistas to watch are Anna Dello Russo, Giovanna Battaglia and Daphne Guiness.
4) What is the greatest thing about being involved in Fashion? What is the worst? The amazing clothes and then fun events that I have the pleasure of attending! I hate returning the beautiful clothing and accessories!
5) As a customer, what is it that customers want? Customers want to look chic but feel comfortable in their clothing!
6) If you could give our readers your top personal fashion tip-what would it be? Invest in timeless, good quality pieces that fit well and will carry you through the seasons!
- Shoe Designer?: Roger Vivier
-Restaurant?: Wabora, at the Thompson Hotel. I’m a huge sushi fan and they serve the most amazing rolls!
-Coffee Shop? I’m a Starbucks girl!
-Movie? Breakfast At Tiffany’s
-Book? The Beautiful Fall: Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris. My favorite magazine is Vogue Paris.
-Day of the week? Friday! Usually a good mix of work and play!
8) What draws you to Pink Martini Collection as a label? Pink Martini Collection is a cute, fun, feminine Canadian label! The clothes fit well and have a lot of great details.